The best AT&T cell phone plans are the ones that work for your mobile needs - and your budget. That doesn't necessarily mean going directly through the carrier.
If you love AT&T cell phone coverage but you're tired of the high prices, stay tuned. You can save over 50% off your cell phone bill without giving up the high quality and reliability of the AT&T network.
COMPARE NOW: Cheap AT&T cell phone plans starting at $10
Table of Contents
Love the AT&T Network but Hate Their Prices?
If you're feeling the pinch of premium wireless rates, you're not alone. The average cell phone bill has gotten ridiculously expensive.
What you might not know is that you can get service on the AT&T network without the high prices. Thanks to competition from smaller wireless carriers called MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) you have more options than ever when it comes to the best AT&T cell phone plans.
What is an MVNO? It's a mobile provider that buys space on one or more of the big four networks and sells it to you for less. These carriers typically operate only online so they don't have the huge marketing and overhead expenses that the big guys have.
Benefits of MVNOs
- Service on the same reliable 4G LTE AT&T network
- Savings of up to 50% or more
- No contracts
- Flexible plans so you only pay for what you need
- Simple to bring your own phone and phone number
- Solid customer support
- Easy to switch - order online and pop the new SIM card into your phone
Do You Actually Need Unlimited Data?
The major carriers do a good job of assuaging us into thinking we need a bottomless data bucket. That's because unlimited data plans are their bread and butter. But do you really need all that data?
The average AT&T unlimited plan user only goes through about 4 GB of data in a billing cycle. Yet, hiking unlimited plan prices up is one of the big ways that the major carriers make more money.
Maybe it's time to ask yourself: "Why am I paying for something I don't need?"
Still, you want to get the best AT&T cell phone plan for your specific usage habits. Head over to our data usage calculator to figure out what you need quickly and easily.
AT&T vs AT&T MVNO Price Comparison
|Carrier||Network Coverage||Data Limit||Monthly Price||Annual Price|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G LTE||Unlimited*||$75||$990|
|Red Pocket Mobile||AT&T 4G LTE||5GB||$30||$360|
|* Avg AT&T unlimited plan customer uses 4GB data|
The Best AT&T MVNOs
Which carriers offer the best AT&T cell phone plans? Here are the MVNOs we like for their prices, plan options, and features.
Red Pocket breaks its plans down into six different options.
- Plans from 500 MB to 12 GB of LTE data
- Use your calling minutes to 70+ countries
- Mobile hotspot usage
- Data-only plans available
COMPARE NOW: Red Pocket plans
This AT&T MVNO is best suited to those who don't need a ton of data. They do have larger data bucket options but they tend to be pricier than their competitors.
- Options from 0 to 20 GB of high-speed data
- Discounts for multiple lines
- Discounts for AARP members
COMPARE NOW: Consumer Cellular plans
3 Simple Steps to Switch
Switching wireless carriers is easier than you think. In just a few simple steps you'll be on your way to major savings.
- Decide what you need: Each carrier offers something a little different so you should have a good idea of how much data you need and how many texts and minutes you use each month.
- Pick the best AT&T MVNO: Choose the carrier that offers the right plan for your budget.
- Make sure your phone is compatible: AT&T uses GSM devices (Sprint and Verizon use CDMA). You can check on your new carrier's website whether your phone is compatible. Then all you need to do is sign up!
Don't have a compatible phone? No problem, read on for a great solution.
Save Even More - Buy a Refurbished AT&T Phone
Shopping for smartphones can cause quite a case of sticker shock. The best way around that problem is to take advantage of the thriving refurbished phone market.
Benefits of Buying a Refurbished Smartphone
Buying a refurbished phone is smart for several reasons:
- Plenty of reputable sellers to choose from
- 50% or more off retail prices
- Convenient repairs due to nationwide phone fix-it shops
- Paid-off device means freedom to go to any carrier you wish
Compare the best deals on refurbished AT&T smartphones from multiple sellers side by side.
Saving money on your cell phone bill and your device is easy when you know where to look.
- Figure out what size plan you need.
- Pick the best AT&T MVNO for your usage.
- Compare top AT&T smartphones from reputable sellers and save over half off the cost of new.
After you've taken advantage of all the available savings, put more cash into your pocket when you sell your old phone!