AT&T home phone service in 2023
Landlines still offer a variety of benefits you may not be aware of, including reliable call quality and potentially better reception than mobile phones.
An AT&T home phone plan offers solid service with great bonus features at a fair price. Home phones may not be as popular anymore, but for those who still rely on landlines, you can't go wrong with AT&T.
In this guide, we are here to tell you all about AT&T home telephone service plans. We will break down what AT&T has to offer and what you might want to think about before making a purchase.
AT&T's traditional home phone service includes unlimited local calling for homeowners and small business customers.
AT&T phone & internet packages
|AT&T Internet 300 + Phone||300 Mbps||Unlimited||$84.99|
|AT&T Internet 500 + Phone||500 Mbps||Unlimited||$94.99|
|AT&T Internet 1000 + Phone||1000 Mbps||Unlimited||$109.99|
AT&T offers the Home Phone Plus Internet bundle for an inexpensive fee. Not only will you receive high-speed Internet, but you'll also be able to utilize unlimited local calling with features that include Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Return, Call Forwarding, Three-Way Calling, Speed Calling 8, Call Blocker, Priority Call, and Privacy Manager.
AT&T phone deals
|AT&T Internet 300 + Entertainment TV + Phone||300 Mbps||160||Unlimited||$154.98|
|AT&T Internet 300 + Choice TV + Phone||300 Mbps||185||Unlimited||$159.99|
|AT&T Internet 300 + Ultimate TV + Phone||300 Mbps||250||Unlimited||$179.99|
AT&T landline features
In total, AT&T Phone offers over 20 calling features - more than most competitors - including:
- All Call Forwarding
- Busy Call Forwarding
- Exclusive Call Forwarding
- No Answer Call Forwarding
- Safe Call Forwarding
- Call Blocking
- Anonymous Call Blocking
- Call Screening
- Do Not Disturb
- Caller ID
- Caller ID Blocking
- Caller ID Blocking (single call)
- Caller ID on TV (must subscribe to U-verse TV service)
- Call Waiting
- Cancel Call Waiting (all calls)
- Cancel Call Waiting (single call)
- Cancel Call Waiting (mid-call)
- Call Trace
- Directory Assistance Blocking
- International Call Blocking
- Locate Me
- Three-way Calling
AT&T wireless home phone
AT&T Wireless Telephone Services are a low-cost alternative to traditional home phone service. The AT&T Wireless Home Phone service utilizes a mobile device to give you home phone service at a cheaper monthly price.
If you're in an area with a strong AT&T wireless signal, all you need to do is set up your Wireless Home Phone device and that's it! You'll receive unlimited nationwide calling and features including call waiting, caller phone number ID, voice mail, three-way calling, and call forwarding for your phone.
You'll be able to obtain a free phone for your home from AT&T Wireless for free with a two-year contract. As the icing on the cake, you can take your device anywhere you'd like.
- High-speed internet: AT&T internet plans offer fast upload and download speeds, but speeds vary so you'll need to check coverage in your area.
- Data caps: All AT&T internet deals with 10-100 Mbps have a 1TB data cap, but you can pay extra for unlimited. However, AT&T fiber plans are unlimited so there is no data cap.
- Download speeds: Although speeds can vary with internet service providers and connection type, AT&T fiber ranges from around 300 to 4,700 Mbps. Whereas DSL ranges from around 10 to 100 Mbps. You can check availability in your area with our AT&T Internet speed test, to see if you can get AT&T fiber internet at your home.
- Monthly costs: Ranging from around $55 up to $180 a month, the cost is dependent on availability in your area and the plan you choose.
- Parental controls: Available on certain Wi-Fi gateways, if it's a priority make sure to check if your package or device has access.
- Coverage: With a large network across 21 states, AT&T offers wide area coverage.
- No contracts: With AT&T prepaid internet only plans, there are no long-term commitments, you'll only need to sign a contract if you bundle your services.
- Bundle your services: You can save money with AT&T bundle deals. Whether you're looking at bundling TV, Internet, and phone or just two services, there are plenty of products and services to choose from.
- TV packages: You can choose from AT&T TV Entertainment, AT&T TV Choice, and AT&T TV Ultimate, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: AT&T TV packages start from around 65+ channels. The AT&T TV channel lineup varies with the packages but can include Cinemax, HBO Max, Showtime, STARZ, and other premium channels.
- DIRECTV Stream: AT&T TV is now known as DIRECTV Stream, and with this, you're able to stream simultaneously at home, on as many devices as you want.
- Digital home phone: With AT&T phone services you can choose from a traditional landline or opt for a digital voice service that gives you crystal clear calling.
- Customer service: Find out more on customer satisfaction and what AT&T customers are saying with AT&T reviews.
- Increased competition: You can compare AT&T services and their main competitors with AT&T vs Xfinity, AT&T vs Spectrum, or satellite TV provider DIRECTV vs AT&T TV.
AT&T phone service availability
AT&T landline fees & taxes
AT&T does add federal, state, and local taxes to your phone bill based on rates determined by the law. Federal, state and local tax laws include:
- Federal Universal Service Charge
- State Universal Service Charge
- Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge
- Sales and Use Taxes
AT&T phone service FAQs
Does AT&T offer landline phone service?
AT&T offers landline phone services for long and short distance calls.
How much is AT&T home phone service?
AT&T home phone service starts at $20.
With AT&T home phone service plans, you can select from a variety of plans with better call quality than your cell phone. In general, these plans are quite affordable and feature a vast array of calling features. However, as far as bundles go, AT&T doesn't seem to offer many Internet and phone bundles.
Furthermore, there is no unlimited international calling to any country but Canada. Additionally, you will be charged for installation fees and provided equipment. If you don't mind any of these issues, then you should consider AT&T.
Additionally, you will be charged for installation fees and provided equipment. If you don't mind any of these issues, then you should consider AT&T. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call an AT&T representative at their toll-free number: 1-(800)-288-2020.
Interested in what the other providers offer for home phone services? Then please take the time to read buyer's guide to home phone service for rankings, comparisons, and a more in-depth analysis.