Cox home phone service in 2022
Cox offers a solid home phone service at an affordable price with reliable service.
How do the Cox home phone service plans compare with the landline services of other local telephone providers?
After all, the Cox home phone service plans certainly have their advantages, even when compared to wireless phone service providers; the plans are cheap and there is no contract required.
In this guide, you'll find information on the landline service plans, including international calling, as well as the available phone and internet bundles.
|Cox Voice Preferred||Unlimited||$20|
Cox phone deals
|Cox Internet Essential 50 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||50 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$157.99|
|Cox Internet Preferred 150 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||150 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$177.99|
|Cox Internet Ultimate 500 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||500 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$197.99|
|Cox Internet Gigablast + Contour TV Preferred + Voice||940 Mbps||140||Unlimited||$217.99|
Having phone and the Internet is important. You need to remain connected not only with friends and families, but also with doctors, corporations, insurance agencies, and more.
You can't do that without a phone and/or Internet, and if you're lacking a cell phone, you'd best have a landline at the very least. You'll be able to save with a phone and Internet bundle or even a Triple Play bundle, which includes access to TV, the Internet, and phone.
Cox offers several different bundles that include TV, Internet, and phone. At the same time and among the competition featured on MoneySavingPro, Cox is the only provider that doesn't offer a Phone and Internet bundle.
Cox landline features
Before discussing any of the available features, I'd like to first introduce you to Cox's enhanced 911 service, which immediately sends your phone number and home address to emergency service personnel.
Furthermore, like its competitors, Cox offers an app that allows you to manage your home phone, TV, and home DVR services, pay your bill, and more.
Here are the calling features offered by Cox:
- Readable Voice Mail
- Call Forwarding
- TV Caller ID
- Free call-blocking
Unfortunately, Cox doesn't offer as many advanced features in comparison to the different phone companies.
Cox international calling
You can take advantage of the following add-ons for your Phone Starter, Phone Essential, or Phone Premier plans:
- Simply Worldwide - You must pay a small monthly fee, but you'll enjoy discounted rates for international long distance calls.
- Mi Mexico 200 - This international plan allows you to take advantage of 200 long distance minutes per month per line at no additional charge. However, the minutes are limited to Mexico
- High-speed internet: Cox internet plans offer fast upload and download speeds, but speeds vary so you'll need to check coverage in your area.
- Data caps: All Cox internet deals come with a large 1.25 TB data cap.
- Download speeds: Speeds can vary depending on location, but Cox internet plans range from around 25 Mbps up to 1,000 Mbps. You can check your address with our Cox internet speed test, to see if you can get Cox fiber internet in your area.
- Affordable prices: The best will depend on what services you want and your personal needs, but Cox offers affordable options for all budgets.
- Coverage: For options in your area you can check the Cox coverage map using your ZIP code to find the best deals at your home.
- Prepaid plans: Cox prepaid internet (called StraightUp Internet) is available. You pay upfront each month, so with no contract, you have the flexibility to change your plan at any time.
- Bundle your services: You can save money with Cox bundle deals. Whether you're looking at bundling TV, Internet, and phone or just two services, there are plenty of products and services to choose from.
- TV packages: You can choose from Cox Contour TV Starter, Cox Contour TV Preferred, Cox Contour TV Preferred Plus, and Cox Contour TV Ultimate, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: Cox TV packages start from around 75+ up to 250+ channels. The Cox channel lineup varies with the packages and they make them easily customizable so you can add 4 premium channels; HBO Max, Cinemax, SHOWTIME, and STARZ at an affordable price.
- VoIP calling: Cox home phone offers a digital phone service with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) for crystal clear calling.
- Calling features: Cox Voice plans include nationwide calling, readable voicemail, robocall blocking, enhanced 911, and more.
- Unlimited calling: With Cox phone services you'll get free unlimited calls within the US and the US territories as well as Mexico, Canada, and Europe.
- International calls: For a small additional fee you can add international calling to over 230 countries.
- Customer service: Find out more on customer satisfaction and what Cox customers are saying with Cox reviews.
Cox phone service availability
Cox phone service FAQs
Does Cox offer landline phone service?
Cox offers landline phone services for long and short distance calls.
How much is Cox home phone service?
Cox home phone service starts at $20.
With quality customer service representatives via phone number and live chat, free installation with bundles, a 30-day money back guarantee, a Lifeline service, and, best of all, highly affordable prices.
You cannot go wrong with Cox Cable when selecting a home phone service, especially when compared to different phone companies.