Spectrum home phone service in 2022
A home phone may not be as prominent in households compared to the past, but this useful device still exists, especially in business settings.
So just how does Spectrum Communications stack up against competitors? What are the available Spectrum phone packages you can select? Can you bundle Spectrum phone with high-speed internet service and Spectrum TV? What is the customer service like?
You'll find in this guide information on the available Spectrum Voice plans, the landline features, deals and plans, phone and internet bundles, and more.
Spectrum Communications, which merged with Time Warner Spectrum back in 2016, offers home phone packages and services at affordable prices. Furthermore, its support of no contracts and its ability to buy out your existing contract may seem tempting to you. But is Spectrum's Spectrum worth it?
With a quick overview of Spectrum's home phone service, you'll be able to decide whether the packages are right for you. Keep in mind that you can always check Spectrum's availability by ZIP code and be able to compare plans on our site.
Spectrum phone & internet packages
|Spectrum Voice + Internet||200 Mbps||Unlimited||$64.98|
If you're looking for an Internet and phone bundle, then Spectrum has you covered there. Though it only offers the Internet and voice package, the package's Internet is Spectrum Internet, which is considerably fast compared to some providers.
Spectrum phone deals
|Spectrum TV Select + Internet Ultra + Voice||400 Mbps||125||Unlimited||$94.97|
|Spectrum TV Silver + Internet Ultra + Voice||400 Mbps||175||Unlimited||$102.97|
|Spectrum Voice + Internet + TV Select||200 Mbps||125||Unlimited||$114.97|
|Spectrum TV Gold + Internet Ultra + Voice||400 Mbps||200||Unlimited||$122.97|
Of course, you can always consider the Triple Play Packages, which combine Spectrum TV, Spectrum Internet, and Spectrum phone service into a special bundle price. There are three tiers of Triple Play bundles: Triple Play Select, Triple Play Silver, and Triple Play Gold.
All three packages provide you with free HD, as well as free DVR service (i.e. free TV equipment). And free DVR service, alongside free HD and free TV equipment installation, can be hard to pass up.
The only difference between these packages is the number of channels offered, as all three bundles contain 60 Mbps high-speed Internet service and unlimited nationwide calling, complete with 18 (or more) popular features.
Spectrum landline features
Spectrum Voice service provides more than just unlimited talk. In fact, it bears quite a few features for the home phone:
- Call Waiting
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting with Caller ID
- All Call Forwarding
- Selective Call Forwarding
- Block Anonymous Calls
- Block Unwanted Callers
- VIP Ringing
- Speed Dial
- Accept Selected Callers
- Three-Way Calling
- Repeat Dialing
- Voice Online Manager
- Readable Voicemail
Two features - Repeat Dialing and VIP Ringing - more than likely need a quick explanation. Repeat Dialing, which is an incredibly interesting feature, allows you to automatically redial a busy phone number for you and then notifies you when the phone number is no longer busy so you can make a proper call to the number.
However, the service is a pay-per-use service only. For every time you use the feature, you will be charged 90 cents until you reached the maximum charge of $9 per month.
Then there is VIP Ringing, which allows you to apply a distinctive ring to numbers you select. Finally, the service offers free 411 Directory Assistance and Private Listing.
Spectrum international calling
You can opt into Spectrum Spectrum Voice International, which features the ability to call to 70 destinations: most of Europe, India, Hong Kong, and Norway. Furthermore, you only pay low per-minute rates to the rest of the world. Best of all, there are no monthly caps to consider.
Spectrum Voice, which, as previously stated, offers unlimited local and long distance calling to U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands numbers.
Spectrum phone service availability
- High-speed internet: Spectrum internet plans offer fast upload and download speeds, but speeds vary so you'll need to check coverage in your area.
- No data cap: All Spectrum internet deals come with unlimited data meaning no data caps.
- Download speeds: Although speeds can vary with internet service providers, Spectrum internet plans on average start from 200 Mbps ranging up to 1,000 Mbps. You can check your area with our Spectrum internet speed test, to see if you can get Spectrum fiber internet at your home.
- Monthly costs: Depending on what you're looking for, there are packages and bundles that can save money, but make sure to read the fine print so you truly get what suits your needs.
- Parental controls: Spectrum offers a free security suite to help you keep your kids safe on the internet. You can set time limits, block sites, track online activity, and more.
- Coverage: As the second-largest internet provider, Spectrum offers wide coverage, including areas that used to be covered by Time Warner Cable.
- No contracts: There's plenty of flexibility with Spectrum prepaid internet plans, with no long-term commitments or lock-ins.
- Bundle your services: You can save money with Spectrum bundle deals. Whether you're looking at bundling TV, Internet, and phone or just two services, there are plenty of products and services to choose from.
- TV packages: You can choose from Spectrum TV Select, Spectrum TV Silver, and Spectrum TV Gold, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: Depending on the option you choose, Spectrum TV packages start from around 125+ channels. The Spectrum channel lineup varies with the packages but can include HBO Max, Showtime, STARZ, and other premium channels. A range of sports channels are also available at an additional cost.
- Multiroom viewing: There's no need for additional cable boxes with Spectrum. You can watch TV in other rooms without the extra boxes.
- Calling features: Spectrum Voice offers services including caller ID, call blocking, call guard, readable voicemail, and many more.
- Unlimited calling: With Spectrum landline service you'll get free unlimited calls to most of North America (US, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico).
- International calls: For a small fee you can add international unlimited calling to your home phone service that includes countries like Hong Kong and the UK.
- Customer service: Find out more on customer satisfaction and what Spectrum customers are saying with Spectrum reviews.
- Increased competition: You can find out more about Spectrum services and their main competitors with AT&T vs Spectrum, Verizon FiOS vs Spectrum, or satellite TV provider DIRECTV vs Spectrum.
Spectrum phone service FAQs
Does Spectrum offer landline service?
Spectrum offers landline phone services for long and short distance calls.
How much is Spectrum home phone service?
Spectrum home phone service starts at $20.
Spectrum is a strong contender in the home phone service industry. With plenty of popular features, affordable services, enticing international calling, and the ability to buy out your contract under certain conditions, it would be difficult not to go with Spectrum.
If you're not dead set on Spectrum's service, then you should compare the other home phone services with our best home phone service review. However, if you're deeply considering Spectrum, then you should also take a peek at the provider's TV packages, the Channel Guide, and Internet plans.