Straight Talk vs Boost Mobile - which carrier is best?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Boost Mobile and Straight Talk coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk: Reviews
Boost Mobile Review
Straight Talk Review
Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk: Plans
Boost Mobile Plans
|5GB* 66% Off for 3 Months||Unlimited||Unlimited||5GB||$5*|
|1GB - 12 Mths* $100 for 1 year service||Unlimited||Unlimited||1GB||$8*|
|15GB* $240 for 1 year service||Unlimited||Unlimited||15GB||$20*|
Straight Talk Plans
Boost Mobile plans start at $5 and Straight Talk plans start as low as $35. With no contract you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Boost Mobile and Straight Talk.
Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk: Coverage
Boost Mobile is powered by AT&T's National 4G LTE Network
Straight Talk is powered by T-Mobile's National 4G LTE Network
Boost Mobile is powered by AT&T and Straight Talk is powered by T-Mobile. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area our coverage checker.
Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk: Features
|Carrier Features||Boost Mobile||Straight Talk|
|Networks||AT&T & T-Mobile||T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|3G Network||GSM||CDMA & GSM|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid||No - prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee|
Both Boost Mobile and Straight Talk offer prepaid plans with no contract and you can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. So not only do you get the benefit of saving on a device, but you get the same great service on a cheaper plan.
Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk: Phone Deals
If you're looking to upgrade, why not save money even more money and buy a refurbished phone?
With most smartphones only making minor changes each year, you can get the great smartphone features with big savings. Find the best unlocked phone deals by comparing phone prices compatible with Boost Mobile or Straight Talk.
|Apple iPhone SE||$18/mo||$20/mo||$24/mo|
|Apple iPhone 13 mini||-||$26/mo||$30/mo|
|Apple iPhone 13||-||$30/mo||$35/mo|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro||-||$33/mo||$37/mo|
|Apple iPhone 14||-||$35/mo||-|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||-||$37/mo||-|
Boost Mobile benefits
- Owned by Dish and runs on T-Mobile's nationwide network
- Prepaid service - no contract, credit check, or extra fees
- Bring your own phone (GSM compatible) or choose from a wide selection of new phones
- Mobile hotspot allowance with all plans
- International service and roaming available as add-on packs
- Customer support available by phone - 4am - 8pm PST Monday to Friday, 4am - 7pm weekends
Straight Talk benefits
- Choose from coverage on any one of the three major networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon
- Prepaid wireless plans - no contract, credit check, or activation fees
- Bring your own device from any network or buy a Straight Talk phone
- Keep your phone number and stay on your network
- International talk and text available as an add-on calling card or as a component of a complete cell phone plan
- 7-day customer support by phone, from 8am to 11:45pm
Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk FAQs
What's the difference between Boost Mobile and Straight Talk?
The main difference between Boost Mobile and Straight Talk are plan prices and features. Both offer cheap cell phone plans powered by the major networks.
What networks do Boost Mobile and Straight Talk use?
Boost Mobile is powered by AT&T & T-Mobile and Straight Talk runs on T-Mobile, AT&T & Verizon.
What phones are compatible with Boost Mobile and Straight Talk?
Most newer handsets are compatible if they're unlocked, but if you're not sure you can check phone compatibility with our IMEI checker.
Does a Boost Mobile phone work with Straight Talk?
If your Boost Mobile phone is unlocked it should work with Straight Talk. Most of the latest handsets are compatible but you can check your phone's compatibility with the carrier before purchasing.