Consumer Cellular prepaid SIM card
Consumer Cellular SIM card description
- Coverage on the nationwide AT&T and T-Mobile networks
- Postpaid no-contract service - credit check required
- 30-day guarantee - if you're unsatisfied you can cancel within the first 30 days and pay nothing
- Bring your own phone or choose from a selection of flip phones and popular smartphones
- Keep your phone number
- International calling uses plan minutes plus a per-minute charge
- International roaming is available in select countries
- Customer service available by phone or live chat from 4am - 11pm EST weekdays and 6am -7pm weekends
Consumer Cellular Specs
|3G Bands:||850 MHz Cellular, Band 5 (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE), 1900 MHz PCS, Band 2 (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE)|
|4G LTE Bands:||1700/2100 MHz AWS|
|Bring Your Phone:||Yes|
|Keep Your Number:||Yes|
Consumer Cellular compatible phones
As Consumer Cellular runs on the T-Mobile network their SIM cards are compatible with GSM phones. If you’re not sure if your phone is compatible you can use our IMEI checker.
Most of the latest phones use both the GSM and CDMA technology.
Consumer Cellular coverage
Consumer Cellular is powered by the T-Mobile network, offering you access to their nationwide 4G LTE network and 5G where available.
Whether you’re new to or have used them before, you can check cell phone coverage in your area using your ZIP code.
Consumer Cellular SIM card data plans
How do Consumer Cellular plans compare?
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||4GB||$15** $45 for 3 Months Service|
|US Mobile||Verizon & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||12GB||$20Free Starter Kit with code: MSPUSM|
|Ting||T-Mobile & Verizon||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$25** $20 Off for 3 Months|
|Ultra Mobile||T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||2GB||$11** Extra 20% Off with code: MSP20|
Consumer Cellular SIM card benefits
There’s a number of benefits when buying a SIM card kit with Consumer Cellular;
- Prepaid: all plans are prepaid, so you can pick the features you want and pay upfront each month.
- Same coverage: operating on one of the three major networks, you’ll get the same quality coverage.
- Keep your own phone: they make it easy to bring your own phone so you don’t have to spend money upgrading to the latest handset, unless you want to.
- Low cost plans: saving you up to $600 a year on your phone bill. Offering all the same features, but with half price plans.
- Easy to switch: simply wait for your SIM kit to arrive, pop your new SIM into your phone and you’ll be up and running, all within a few days.
Consumer Cellular SIM card activation
It’s easy to bring your own phone to a cheaper carrier:
- Order the Consumer Cellular SIM starter kit online
- Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process
- If you’re looking to transfer your phone number, this can take up to 24 hours
Consumer Cellular SIM card FAQs
How much is a Consumer Cellular SIM card?
There's a variety of cell phone plans available to suit all budgets, with prices between $30 - $60.
Where can I buy a Consumer Cellular SIM card?
One of the reasons low-cost carriers can pass on savings to you is because they are online only and don't have any physical stores. You can purchase a Consumer Cellular SIM card online.
What phones are compatible with Consumer Cellular SIM card?
Most unlocked phones are compatible with Consumer Cellular SIM cards. If you're not sure you can check your phone compatibility.
Can I bring my own phone to Consumer Cellular?
Yes. You can bring your own phone to Consumer Cellular and they're compatible with most unlocked phones. You can check phone compatibility on the carrier site prior to ordering.
What is Consumer Cellular SIM card starter kit?
Your Consumer Cellular SIM card starter kit includes everything you need to switch over. Pick your plan, order online, and it's delivered straight to your door. Follow the instructions to activate your new plan.