Cricket vs Consumer Cellular - which carrier is best?
Within this guide, you’ll be able to compare Consumer Cellular and Cricket Wireless coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Consumer Cellular vs Cricket Wireless: Reviews
Consumer Cellular vs Cricket Wireless: Plans
Consumer Cellular Plans
Cricket Wireless Plans
Consumer Cellular plans start at $30 and Cricket Wireless plans start as low as $30. With no contract you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Consumer Cellular and Cricket Wireless.
Consumer Cellular vs Cricket Wireless: Coverage
Consumer Cellular is powered by T-Mobile's National 4G LTE Network
Cricket Wireless is powered by AT&T's National 4G LTE Network
Consumer Cellular is powered by T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless is powered by AT&T. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area our coverage checker.
Consumer Cellular vs Cricket Wireless: Features
|Carrier Features||Consumer Cellular||Cricket Wireless|
|Data Speed:||4G LTE, 5G||4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone:|
|Keep Your Number:|
|Money Back Guarantee:||Yes - 30 days|
Both Consumer Cellular and Cricket Wireless offer prepaid plans with no contract and you can bring your own phone and keep your phone number. So not only do you get the benefit of saving on a device, but you get the same great service on a cheaper plan.
Consumer Cellular vs Cricket Wireless: Phone Deals
If you're looking to upgrade, why not save money even more money and buy a refurbished phone?
With most smartphones only making minor changes each year, you can get the great smartphone features with big savings. Find the best unlocked phone deals by comparing phone prices compatible with Consumer Cellular or Cricket Wireless.
|Model||Condition||Memory||Compatibility||Price||Apple iPhone 11||New||64GB||AT&T||$499||Apple iPhone 11 Max||New||64GB||AT&T||$899||Apple iPhone 11 Pro||New||64GB||AT&T||$799||Apple iPhone 12||New||64GB||T-Mobile||$729||Apple iPhone 12 mini||New||64GB||T-Mobile||$629||Apple iPhone 12 Pro||New||128GB||Verizon||$999||Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||New||128GB||T-Mobile||$999||Apple iPhone 13||New||128GB||T-Mobile||$829||Apple iPhone 13 mini||New||128GB||T-Mobile||$729||Apple iPhone 13 Pro||New||128GB||T-Mobile||$999||Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max||New||128GB||T-Mobile||$1,099||Apple iPhone SE||New||64GB||T-Mobile||$399|
Consumer Cellular benefits
- Coverage on the nationwide AT&T and T-Mobile networks
- Postpaid no-contract service - credit check required
- 30-day guarantee - if you're unsatisfied you can cancel within the first 30 days and pay nothing
- Bring your own phone or choose from a selection of flip phones and popular smartphones
- Keep your phone number
- International calling uses plan minutes plus a per-minute charge
- International roaming is available in select countries
- Customer service available by phone or live chat from 4am - 11pm EST weekdays and 6am -7pm weekends
Cricket Wireless benefits
- Service provided on its parent company AT&T's nationwide network
- Prepaid - no contract or credit check
- Bring your own compatible GSM device or buy a Cricket Wireless phone (at retail or with a discount if you're bringing your phone number from another carrier)
- Mobile hotspot data is available with unlimited data plans as an add-on feature, for an extra fee
- Free talk and text to and from Canada and Mexico with an unlimited data plan
- Use of your plan while traveling in Canada or Mexico with unlimited data plan
- Two tiers of international calling add-ons for 35 more countries
- Customer service available by phone and chat from 7am to midnight Monday - Saturday, 10am to 10pm Sunday
Consumer Cellular vs Cricket Wireless FAQs
What's the difference between Consumer Cellular and Cricket Wireless?
The main difference between Consumer Cellular and Cricket Wireless are plan prices and features. Both offer cheap cell phone plans powered by the major networks.
What networks do Consumer Cellular and Cricket Wireless use?
Consumer Cellular is powered by T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless runs on AT&T.
What phones are compatible with Consumer Cellular and Cricket Wireless?
Most newer handsets are compatible if they're unlocked, but if you're not sure you can check phone compatibility with our IMEI checker.
Does a Consumer Cellular phone work with Cricket Wireless?
If your Consumer Cellular phone is unlocked it should work with Cricket Wireless. Most of the latest handsets are compatible but you can check your phone's compatibility with the carrier before purchasing.