Best Sprint phone plans in 2020
Sprint may not be the most powerful wireless network out of the four major carriers, however, they have been gradually improving their infrastructure in order to compete more strongly with the other three.
If you live in an area with strong Sprint coverage you might want to take advantage of these network improvements. On the other hand, you might not want to pay Sprint prices.
No problem - we've got you covered with ways to save 50% or more on the best Sprint cell phone plans.
We'll also help you find a top of the line smartphone for half or more off the retail price. Let's go!
Love the Sprint Network but Hate Their Prices?
Thanks to the rise of alternative carriers that run on the big four networks you can keep your reliable service without paying the high prices the major carriers demand.
These smaller wireless carriers are called Mobile Virtual Network Operators - or MVNOs. They lease extra capacity on the major networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint - and sell it you at a discount.
MVNOs keep their operating costs low, typically selling from websites instead of brick-and-mortar stores, so that they can give you better rates.
Sprint vs Tello Price Comparison
Keep your Sprint phone, number & coverage: Save $252 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Sprint||Sprint 4G LTE||Unltd*||$60/mo||$720/yr|
|Tello||Sprint 4G LTE||Unltd||$39/mo||$468/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$21/mo||$252/yr|
Benefits of Sprint MNVOs
Going with a Sprint MVNO is a smart choice for several reasons:
- Service on the same reliable network you love
- Cheaper rates - save 50% or more off your cell phone bill
- No contracts or overage charges
- Custom plans that let you decide what you need
- Great customer service, often 24/7
- Easy to bring your phone and keep your phone number
- Quick and easy signup online
Cheapest Sprint 1GB Plan
Cheapest Sprint 3GB Plan
Cheapest Sprint 5GB Plan
Cheapest Sprint Unlimited Plan
Do You Really Need Unlimited Data?
You might be surprised to learn that the average Sprint unlimited plan customer uses just 5 GB of 4G LTE data per month. With the average cell phone bill sitting at about $80 a month, that's a lot of wasted data - and money.
3 Simple Steps to Switch
The idea of switching cell phone providers can strike fear into even the most frugal penny pincher. Guess what - it's much easier than you think, especially if you already have a compatible phone.
- Decide what size plan you need: Consider your data usage calculation results, plus an estimate of the minutes and texts you use per month. You can typically just log into your carrier account to see how many you've used.
- Choose a Sprint MVNO: Pick the carrier that meets your needs and budget.
- Follow the instruction to sign up: Simply sign up online and follow your new carrier's activation instructions!
You can typically check phone compatibility on the carrier website. You'll need a CDMA-compatible device (the type that Sprint and Verizon use).
If your device isn't compatible with your chosen carrier for some reason, don't worry - we've got you covered in the next section.
Save Even More - Buy a Refurbished Sprint Phone
Most MVNOs operate on a bring your own phone basis. A few do sell devices, however as you probably well know, a brand new smartphone can set you back as much as $!000.
There's no reason to lay out that kind of money - especially if you're shopping for cell phone plans that will save you money!
The solution: buy a used or refurbished Sprint phone for half the price.
Why Buying a Refurbished Phone Is a Smart Choice
Smartphones have a lifespan of years longer than most people hold onto them. This works to your advantage because you can get an incredible deal on a popular device that has tons of life left in it.
- You'll own your device, so you can take it to any carrier you want.
- Many reputable sellers offer warranties for added peace of mind.
- You can buy third-party insurance even for used smartphones.
- Most sellers offer free shipping and a decent return policy.
- It's environmentally friendly!
Compare the best prices on refurbished Sprint smartphones that you can easily take to your new MVNO.